Thread: Utah 1088 Rally

Utah 1088 Rally

Utah 1088 Rally

Held in June. Salt Lake City, Utah area.
    If Poker's a sport, so's this.

Utah 1088 dates

I'm there. This year it's June 25-28. It'll be my 3rd. Great time!

Good luck to all 1088 participants this weekend!

Preliminary Utah 1088 results:

1. Ken Meese - 104888
    2. Matt Watkins - 98270
    3. Ken Morton - 91382
    From here.

Congrats Ken!

First of all, a big congratulations to Mr. Meese. It's good to see him get a win for a change.

Also, to Matt and Ken, (Ken on a 650 V-Strom to boot!), great job to both of you. A couple of really nice guys.

Now, I apologize, (and feel free to relocate as needed), if this is the wrong thread for this but I need to embarrass the CAL24 Rally Master a little bit:

When I arrived at the hotel to attempt my slow ride test Saturday morning I realized that I had neglected to insert the tube into my hydration jug on the right passenger peg. As a result it had lodged itself between the subframe and the exhaust pipe. With 2/3 of the plastic tube melted away it was pretty much useless. Without hessitation Tom offered to lend me one of his and in minutes I was back on the road to my stunning, mid-pack finish . I'm sure it seemed like a trivial matter to Tom but I was so appreciative of his kind gesture - especially later in the day when the western Wyoming temps were in the mid-90's. So, without taking away from the kudos that these top riders rightly deserve, I wanted to publicly thank Tom for his generosity. It's camaraderie like this that makes me proud to be a part of this community. Thanks a bunch, Tom!

RallyBastard for life Cal24Master's Avatar

2011 1088

This year the 1088 will offer some really interesting possibilities. They are having 3 Rallies going on at the same time. You can choose to ride 3 days, 24 hours or 12 hours. They also have a mentoring program if you bring a new rider to ride the 12 hour event.

You can get the information at www.utah1088.com

The 1088 runs 2 weeks after the Cal 24 and has been a great sister event. We highly recommend rider participate in both events! You will always see many friends from the Cal 24 in Utah.

Tom
    If you think things are going well, you're just not paying attention......

I was really hoping to ride the three day version of the 1088 but it looks like I'll be busy in another rally then....

RallyBastard for life Cal24Master's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I was really hoping to ride the three day version of the 1088 but it looks like I'll be busy in another rally then....
    And what rally would that be Andy?
    If you think things are going well, you're just not paying attention......

Has AndyM joined the ranks of Cal24 riders going on to the big dance?

2012 results of the 1088 event have been posted up right here.

I am debating signing up for the MERA unfinished business rally in August and trying to decide between a 24 hour and the three day. Any input from more seasoned riders here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sfcootz View Post
    I am debating signing up for the MERA unfinished business rally in August and trying to decide between a 24 hour and the three day. Any input from more seasoned riders here?
    More days = more fun

Andy

Thanks Andy! My buddy Rich talked me into the three day via email earlier today. So that's my plan. I sent in my membership application yesterday and will submit my entry once I am approved. I can't wait. I'll be doing to Cal24 this year, too. Can't wait!